IT Staff Augmentation is the practice of hiring additional, outside IT professionals to work alongside existing IT employees in an effort to temporarily or continually increase IT capabilities.
There are a multitude of reasons companies choose to augment their existing IT team. All of which center around their desire to get more done with less financial burden.
Here are a few of the more common reasons a company might choose to augment their IT staff:
- The company has a CIO, CTO or IT Director that already handles the high-level strategies but they prefer to bring on outsourced IT professionals for the execution of these strategies, rather than hire them in-house.
- The company has upcoming IT projects that are time-sensitive and/or require more technical talent than they currently employ.
- The company has experienced (or is about to experience) rapid growth and needs to quickly increase technical resources to facilitate this growth.
- The company's internal IT knowledge/talent is high yet they prefer to outsource the day-to-day management and support to local IT professionals.
More than 30% of our client engagements are conducted alongside the organization’s existing IT staff – meaning that our team partners with your team to get you where you need to go.
We have a broad-range of services to support your over-extended IT staff, including:
- Personalized Helpdesk
- Complete Windows and Exchange Server Maintenance/Patching
- Tech Support (Remote, On-site and 24/7 Support)
- Anti-virus & Spyware Protection
- Security & Firewall Management
- Network Monitoring
- Business Continuity Management
- Monthly Reporting to IT Staff, CFO or Business Owner