Office 365 is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) product offered by Microsoft that grants businesses access to cloud based packages of business productivity applications for a subscription fee.
Office 365’s multiple Business and Enterprise plans offer hosted services that cover critical business needs regarding communications, file storage, collaboration and security. These SaaS tools include:
- Outlook on the Web (Ootw)
- Outlook Mail
- Outlook Calendar
- Outlook People
- Outlook Tasks
- Skype for Business
File Storage & Sharing
- Office Online
- Multiple Security Layers
- Active Directory Integration
Determining which Microsoft Office 365 plan is right for your business can be a bit tricky. The best plan depends on a number of factors, including your industry, data use, regulations, company size and more. This is something our experienced IT consultants help Los Angeles companies with on a regular basis. It’s part of the initial IT planning and strategy phase of our Managed Cloud Services.
Companies choose Office 365 for a few common reasons:
- They’re familiar with and enjoy the suite of Office tools (like Word, Excel, etc).
- They want cloud storage and collaboration to empower their remote workforce.
- They want to reduce their dependence or need for physical IT infrastructure, such as on-site servers and related hardware…which also reduces upfront, capital expenses on such hardware.
- Certain plans of Office 365 meet industry compliance requirements that other cloud solutions may not.
Our team of Office 365 specialists and IT consultants help local businesses with the following items:
- Initial Cloud Consultation
- Optimal Plan Selection or Custom Solution Development
- Office 365 Migration/Implementation
- Ongoing Management & Helpdesk Support